Gee its been a long time since I posted anything. Facebook has kind of taken over as the way to communicate lately. Not sure I really like Facebook- people who never wanted to be your friends or people who are not nice to you- ie: family members insist you be their "friend" or they tell everyone how horribly you are. To me its crap. My husbands nephews wife posted she was deleting all family from her acct because she was pissed off. I told her I understood and would not be offended. I was thinking of doing it too. But for whaever reason she never did. She probably experienced the same drama trauma I did when I deleted some people. They freaked out and told me they were severly "hurt" by my unfriending them. In my opinion- F&*% them! I can have who I want. A friend from my childhood told me to be careful if I did it. She did and was lashed out at by immediate family members. Not sure I can take any more emotional beatings- so I leave it alone and i don't bother posting a whole lot that means anything. I just read what other people post. Some of it is rediculous and can't believe they air their dirty laindry on such a public forum- wow! But if it gets them the support they need from others then so be it.
Whatever pops your toaster.
So before we moved and still after we have moved I am in a major purging mode. I have things I can't believe I even packed to move. Like my Stampin' Up stuff. I have 4 file holders FULL of paper that hasn't even beenopened and a dresser drawer full of stamp sets. A bunch I haven't even mounted yet. Then there is the craft storage cubes I sold before we moved and then rebought to stick all of the other paper punches and sundries in to get them out of the boxes. I like having a craft room- but don't craft much at all anymore! I lost my focus and creativity. So if anyone wants to buy some things let me know. I am going to try to do groupings of sets on Ebay and hope I can make some money back. Its too time consuming to list every single set- ugh.
So once that is all gone I'll probably sell the dang cubes I just bought too and be done with it all!
Then there is all of the jewelry making supplies and beads. Yeah, I thought I could make some things that were nice- but again, lost my focus and didn't think anyone really even liked what I had made- so I gave up. Now I need to sell that on Craigslist as one big honking lot of stuff. It just keeps going and it its driving me nuts to think the money I wasted. Bought a lot with coupos and on Ebay- but still. ALL THAT MONEY.
I have a friend we met in China- Denise. One of the nicest most geniune people I have ever met. Sweetest kindest soul ever. To top it off she is a graphic artist and is so resourecful it makes me jealous. She upcycles coffee bags and the burlap coffee bean sacks into purses, totes, bags and laptop/ipad cases. I have bought some of her things and am so envious I am not that talented to do something like it. I am lucky if I can sew a straight line on a sewing machine. Should have taken the free lessons that came with the machine I bought- again, thinking sewing would be a good hobby to have- NOPE! More money........lost
I learned to knit last summer and love doing it. I like to knit with wool and create bags and them felt them in the washer. They shrink down and make this nice thick and tight fabric. I have made so many bags- but again, not sure anyone even likes them. So they sit in a box in the storage area. I'll probably send them to my mother to see if they can sell them at the Church Fair this year. Maybe they can make some money and roll it back into their charitable work. I don't want any money from it. I just want someone to like what I have created and enjoy it and USE it. It would make me so happy to see someone using one of my creations and say- I LOVE MY BAG! It would make my heart smile.
Guess I should stop trying to find a passion- right? Not sure. Just going through life and do not know what I want to be when I grow up or what I want to do in life. I am trying to knit my daughter a sweater right now. Its done all in one piece and I had to modify its size so it would fit her- I hope. If not I'll put it in with the bags to my Mom. I read a lot now. Probably a book aevery 2 weeks or so. It passes the time but then I have all of the books laying around. I have a kindle and like it- sort of. I have only read 2 books on it. I guess that tells me I really don't like it and should sell it. Another Craigslist posting!
Money is getting tighter and I have too much stuff! Can anyone relate to that? anyone? Bueller? Maybe its just us Americans who feel the need to fill our lives with stuff to try and make us happy. I think i am right- don't you?
OK- I am done ranting for now. Guess the blog is going to turn into something different. I'll still write about family and things- but expressing my honest opinion feels better than giving only happy smiley postings....... stay tuned for more.
No comments:
Post a Comment